After spending most of their history in the Pittsburgh area, the 1940s saw the famed Negro League ballclub play home games in the nation’s capital, at Griffith Park, where they often out-drew the lowly Senators. Homestead great Josh Gibson wore #20 as he helped the Grays power their way to winning nine consecutive NNL championships and three Negro League World Series titles.
This authentic reproduction of the Washington Homestead Grays 1944 season Home Jersey is cut from vintage white pinstripe wool flannel and detailed with authentic felt lettering and a classic Stars and Stripes patch on the left sleeve.
This piece from Ebbets Field is a part of our collection celebrating the history of the Negro League and its impact over the last 101 years. All proceeds from this collection will go to the NAACP'S Legal Defense & Education Fund & The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
- 1944 Washington Homestead Grays Home Jersey
- Constructed from vintage wool baseball flannel
- Authentic felt logo and patches
- #20 worn by Homestead great Josh Gibson
- Button closure
- Traditional fit that runs large
- We recommend taking your normal size for a traditional jersey fit
Made in USA
Materials: 100% wool
The following measurements are for size medium: Chest: 50” | Shoulders: 17 ½” | Sleeve: 17 ½” | Length: 32”