The 1954 501 Jean from Levis Vintage is a faithful reproduction of their original 501Z, which was released to familiarize folks on the East Coast with the brand’s iconic work pant. 1954 marked the first 501 jean to feature a zip-fly instead of the classic button-fly and captures the spirit of ease within American workwear. Eventually, retailers began providing customers with both options—the 501 jean and its zipped brother, the 501Z.
Expertly crafted from sturdy, non-stretch, red-line Japanese selvedge denim and tailored with the famed silhouette of the 1954 501 jean that’s slim through the thigh and cut with a slight taper through the leg for a modernized, post-WWII fit. Detailed with double needle arcuate stitching at the back pockets, a Big “E” single-sided Red Tab, and the iconic Two Horse Leather patch to top things off.
- Non-stretch, red-line Japanese selvedge denim
- Original 501Z silhouette
- Classic 5-pocket construction
- Big “E” single-sided Red Tab
- Double-needle arcuate stitching
- Two Horse Pull leather patch
- Denim will uniquely fade and gain character with time and wear
- Slim fit through the waist and thigh
- Slightly tapered through the leg
- We recommend taking your normal waist size or taking one size up for a more relaxed fit
Made in Japan
Materials: 100% cotton Japanese selvedge denim
The following measurements are for Size 32: Waist: 31" | Inseam: 32" | Thigh: 11 ½“ | Rise: 11 ½“ | Leg Opening: 15”