STAG is a menswear boutique founded and based in Austin, Texas, with a focus on quality products, friendly and approachable service, and an inspiring store experience.
The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the store, the execution of action plans and goals, and the sales leadership of the organization.
Primary functions of the General Manager include staff development, sales generation and supervision, store operations and maintenance, merchandise handling & visual display support.
- Assists in the identification of staffing needs, recruitment, interviewing and hiring processes
- Trains, coaches, and motivates staff on sales and operational expectations
- Provides feedback to staff, both formally and informally, to improve individual performance and increase store success
- Provides ongoing sales and product training
SALES GENERATION AND SUPERVISION
- Assists in the development of sales goals and strategy with store owners
- Acts as a sales leader in the store and contributes to the successful achievement of all sales goals established
- Coaches and motivates staff to create and maintain a friendly and approachable sales environment to meet and exceed sales goals
- Responsible for the prioritization of all tasks, both selling and non-selling
- Responsible for the maintenance and expansion of the customer database, regularly communicating with customers to drive sales and increase loyalty
- Responsible for the successful fulfillment of web orders/returns and communication with web customers as needed
STORE OPERATIONS & MAINTENANCE
- Responsible for the creation of the monthly store schedule that allows the achievement of all sales goals, service standards, and task execution
- Provides in-store financial reporting, sales recaps, and merchandise or operational needs to leadership
- Responsible for the daily opening and closing duties, including cash handling, banking, store payroll, cleaning, maintenance, and office organization
- Responsible for maintaining sufficient packaging and office supply standards
- Responsible for processing, ticketing and placement of all new goods as they arrive in store
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date physical inventory within store systems. This includes coordination of annual and semi-annual inventory counts and reconciliation process
- Monitors damages and discrepancies within shipments and on sales floor and communicates with operations team for resolution
- Maintains a high level of store standards including sizing, folding, and cleanliness appropriate to merchandise display
- Responsible for organization of all back-stocked inventory and for restocking the sales floor on daily basis or as business requires
- Assists in the merchandising plans for each season and each delivery
- Provides visual merchandising support including dressing and maintaining body forms and developing strong product displays
- Openly communicates with leadership team on all store matters, including staff needs, sales goals and results, customer feedback, and improvement opportunities
- Provides forum for staff feedback and encourages two-way dialogue
- Monitors customer feedback both in-store and on-line, and develops responses and action plans as needed.